July 7, 2015

meal plan tuesday 7/7/15


Last week, I talked all about why and how I meal plan, so today, I'm talking about what we've been cooking at our house for the last two weeks!

I typically plan 4-5 meals per week.  We normally go to my parent's house for dinner once a week, and one night each week we will eat leftovers.  We stuck to the plan pretty well this time around - sometimes it changes a lot, and I've learned to be ok with that!


Week One

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo - This was simple to make, but I think it needed a lot more sauce.  If I make it again I will double the sauce recipe.

Family Dinner - at my parent's house.

Mushroom Caps - I've made these before, and Makayla and I really enjoy them.  This is a meatless meal, so I only make it when I know my meat-eating husband will be at work!

Picnic Dinner - We went to movies in the park this night, so we got there early and had a fun picnic dinner.

Grilled Hamburgers and Corn-on-the-Cob.  No recipe for this one, just a simple grill night!

Shrimp Rolls & Onion Rings - I had been craving lobster rolls for a while, but we had shrimp in the freezer.  So we used this recipe and just switched out the shrimp for the lobster.  We left the shrimp whole instead of chopping it up, added 1/4 cup chopped cucumber, and added a splash of vinegar instead of lemon juice. They were delicious!  We've made these onion rings many times before.  They are so, so good.  We've never tried a Cook's recipe that we didn't love!

Leftover Night!

Week Two

Barbecue Meatballs - I have made these many times before and they are so yummy!  Makayla gobbles these up as fast she can!  They are true comfort on a plate as far as I'm concerned.

Tuna Casserole - This is an old recipe that my mom made when I was a kid.  It's from her Better Homes and Gardens checkerboard cookbook that is probably 30 years old!  Nothing fancy, just a simple dinner that I know Makayla will eat with no complaints.  I think noodles are her love language!

Family Dinner - at my parent's house.

Chuy's Chicken - I love the Elvis Fried Chicken that they serve at Chuy's, so I attempted to recreate it, and it was actually really good!  Maybe next time I make it I will attempt to write a recipe for it.

Leftover Night!

4th of July Cookout - We had a big cookout at my parent's house with our extended family.  I took Spinach Dip to snack on.  Y'all - this stuff is so good.  Make it.  And serve it with Hawaiian rolls.  You'll thank me!  I also made this Sangria, and we really enjoyed it!

Leftover Night - I knew we'd have extra leftovers this week from the cookout!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...