July 8, 2015

first grade wrap-up


I know I'm a little behind on this, but I just have to take a minute and talk about our sweet boy.  He totally rocked his first grade year and we could not be more proud of him!  All of the choices and decisions that go along with school have not always been easy on this mama's heart.  We haven't always been quite sure what to expect from our boy - he has changed so much and has kept us all on our toes!  We've often found ourselves hoping for the best while still preparing for all sorts of different scenarios.  But he has continually surprised and amazed us with how far he has come and what he is able to do!

He is now officially a second grader, and we have less than a month of summer left until he goes back to school.  I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous about this next school year.  A new classroom, a new teacher, all of the changes and expectations - it all definitely makes me anxious for him.  But he has shown us again and again that he can and will rise up to the challenge, that he is capable of more than we could have ever hoped for, and that he is confident in himself and his abilities.

I'm so thankful that God entrusted this sweet boy to us.  I see the work that God is doing in him, and it is a daily reminder of what a good and gracious God we have.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...