July 21, 2015

meal plan tuesday 7/21/15


I have to start out by saying that I never did get around to making a meal plan for this first week.  It has been a long time since I have let that happen, and it was a really good reminder to me of why I started meal planning in the first place!  Yes, the world kept on spinning and yes, my family still ate dinner every night, but it made an already busy week that much more hectic, and we ended up eating meals that were not as good for us.  So I made sure I had a plan in place for week two!


Week One

Monday - BBQ Salmon Salad
Bobby grilled some salmon that he had brushed with barbecue sauce.  Then we served it on top of a standard green salad - lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, cucumbers, and ranch dressing.  What really made this dish though were the cornbread croutons!  We baked a batch of cornbread, cut it into squares, and pan-fried it.  Makayla said that we needed to make them more often!

Tuesday - Family Dinner
We went to my parent's house and attempted to go camping in their backyard, so we made a yummy camp-out dinner of hot dogs and the Pioneer Woman's Baked Beans, and they were delicious!  I omitted the bacon and added beef smoked sausage instead.

Wednesday - Pizza
Since we were out that afternoon and I didn't have a plan, I resorted to a frozen pizza!

Thursday - Picnic Dinner
We went to the park for the very last Movie in the Park of the season, so we had a picnic dinner there.

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Chicken Sandwiches and French Fries
Simple grilled chicken sandwiches with fries.  I usually make french fries in the oven - I just cut up a potato and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, depending on how big the pieces are.  Fast and easy-peasy!

Sunday - Chicken Nachos
We hung out at my parent's house all day and had a big brunch after church, so that night when we were still there, we threw together a quick nacho dinner with some shredded Mexican-style chicken.

Week Two

Monday - French Dip Sandwiches and Onion Rings
Bobby made the best French Dip Sandwich that I have ever tasted, and we made Cook's Onion Rings again because, well, why not?!!

Tuesday - Date Night
A VERY long overdue date night out with my favorite guy!

My dad had given me the leftover chicken from Sunday, so this was a great way to use it up!  This is one of my go-to recipes because it is incredibly easy, super versatile, and so yummy!  It's a great dish to make when you have any kind of leftover meat, and you can just top it off with whatever you have on hand.

Bobby's made these before and man, are they good!  I normally make some polenta or cheesy grits to go with it, but this time we had loaded baked potatoes and grilled corn-on-the-cob.

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Girl's Night Out
They had a free parent's night out where the kids take gymnastics, and since Bobby had to work, I met up with my best girlfriend who I had not seen in forever.  We rarely go out to eat, so getting to eat out twice this week was a huge treat for this mama!

Sunday - Grilled Sandwiches and Chips
I grilled some sourdough bread, and made a sandwich with goat cheese, salami, and sauteed red onions and red bell pepper.  Makayla and I love these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...