August 12, 2015

second grade


We are one week into second grade now, and Caleb is totally rocking it!  On his first day, he walked right into his new classroom, found his desk, sat down and got right to work!  After I talked with his teacher (who we love, by the way!) I went over to give him a hug and tell him it was time for me to go.  He looked up at me and said, "Bye mom.  I love you."  And that was it.  He was completely ready and totally confident in himself, and he wasn't nervous or anxious at all.  As a mama, there's nothing more I could ask for!

I walked back to the car hand in hand with my girl (who thank God doesn't leave me start school for another year) and I thought back on how far our boy has come.  We haven't always known what path to take with him, and there have been a lot of steps to take and decisions to make, both in and out of school, that we have been unsure of.  But our God is so faithful, and He has seen us through every step of the way.

I am so very thankful for our sweet boy, and I am so excited to see what he is able to accomplish in second grade!


|first day of first grade is here|  |first day of kindergarten is here|

|printable sign found here|


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...