August 18, 2015

meal plan tuesday 8/18/15


The start of the school year has made for a busy couple of weeks around here!  I've been happy to have a plan in place and all of the ingredients on hand so that dinner time is as stress-free as possible!


Week One

We love this recipe!  Since we like a lot of sauce, I increased the amount and made a few slight changes to it: 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.  I poured all of the sauce over the chicken and cooked for the normal time, and it was perfect!

Tuesday - Shrimp & Grits
This day ended up being a crazy one, so I never did end up making this and we just had Monday's leftovers.

Wednesday - Family Dinner

This is a simple, easy to make recipe that we have fairly often.  I use red potatoes and do not peel them like the recipe says. This is good for dinner, but I also make it for breakfast sometimes.  Bobby and Makayla love it with runny eggs on top!

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Chicken Enchiladas
These were good, but definitely not my favorite.  We had yellow saffron rice, black beans, and pico de gallo with them.

Sunday - Pizza Night

Week Two

Monday - Spring Pasta
I've made this before and it's a good one!  I grilled up some chicken to go on top since we like meat around here, but I'm sure it would be just as yummy without.  I also subbed panko bread crumbs for the french baguette and skipped the food processor step.

Ok, this one was really not good, but I'm pretty sure it was my fault!  It was so overcooked - the chicken was dry and the rice turned into mush.  I think my slow cooker gets really hot and cooks faster, so I just needed to adjust my cooking time a lot, which I didn't!

Wednesday - Family Dinner

Thursday - Dinner Out
We went to the Open House at Caleb's school this night, so the kids and I had a quick meal at Chick-Fil-A beforehand, and then met Bobby (who was coming from work) there.

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Daddy's in Charge
I was out of town this night, so daddy was on dinner-duty!

Sunday - Cheese Quesadillas
Since Bobby had to go in to work and I wasn't going to be back yet, my brother watched the kiddos and made them cheese quesadillas.  My kids could eat these every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...