August 26, 2015

what's up wednesday: august 2015

Today I'm linking up with Shay again for What's Up Wednesday!


What we're eating this week.....

Tonight we'll be having Chicken Fried Rice and Egg Rolls.  I will blog all about the rest of our menu next week on Meal Plan Tuesday!

What I'm reminiscing about.....


Slow, leisurely mornings.  Nowhere to be.  Pajamas on.  Coffee in hand.

Sigh.

What I'm loving.....

We have had some amazing weather here the last few days!  August is normally hot and humid for us, and I'm sure we'll be back to that soon, but we are enjoying the break from it while we can!

What we've been up to.....


Getting back into the school schedule is never easy!  I always forget just how hectic our mornings can be, as well as how quickly our afternoons/evenings go by once the school day is over.  We are slowly figuring out how to fit it all in!

What I'm dreading....

I can't think of anything at the moment.  I guess that's a good thing!

What I've been working on.....

I feel like every August when school starts back, I spend the first few weeks cleaning and organizing all of the things that we let go over the summer.  So that's what I've been up to!

What I'm excited about.....


I love all of the seasons, but fall is by far my favorite.

What I'm watching/reading.....


I grabbed Reshaping It All last time we were at the library because honestly, I am needing some motivation!  I said I was going to start exercising when school started, but we're three weeks in now and I've yet to do a single workout!

I just started American Wife last night.

What I'm listening to.....

I've been listening to the Read Aloud Revival Podcast series every chance I get, and I have found it to be so inspiring!  We have always read a lot to our kids, but it's mostly been shorter story books.  I've tried reading chapter books with them a few times, but I've never been consistent with it.  This podcast series has been so enlightening and I am feeling so challenged to incorporate not only more reading, but reading more quality books, into our days.

What I'm wearing.....

This is the time of year when I am so over all of my summer clothes!  I am itching to wear sweaters and scarves and boots and everything that says fall to me!

What I'm doing this weekend.....

We have no plans as of now, but if the weather is still this nice, we will most definitely be outside!

What I'm looking forward to next month.....

Decorating for fall!

What else is new.....

Caleb's favorite word at the moment is inappropriate.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard him say "That is so inappropriate" lately!  It is cracking me up!

What is my favorite back to school tradition.....


I love taking pictures every year and then looking back at the old ones and seeing how he's grown.  We also do this questionnaire every year, and it so much fun to see how his answers change.  I cannot believe that we will be doing this with our girl next year too!

| read all about Caleb's first day of second grade here |


Well, that's it for this month's What's Up Wednesday!  Thanks for reading along!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...