December 3, 2013

thanksgiving



Ok, before we jump into full-on Christmas mode let's do a quick recap of our Thanksgiving.  I have come to terms with the fact that I am awful at taking pictures during actual holidays.  I guess I am too caught up in all of the action and that whole "living in the moment" thing that I forget to pick up the camera.  So, what you see is all I got!

Despite our lack of pictures, we really did have a wonderful one.  Since both sides of our families are local, we started celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas on separate days instead of trying to see everyone on the big day.  It's actually turned out to be one of my favorite traditions of ours because it means double the fun and double the food!  So the Sunday before Thanksgiving we had dinner at our house with Bobby's side of the family.  So yummy, and the kids had loads of fun playing with their cousins all day.  (Too bad I don't have a picture of that!)  Then on Thanksgiving day we headed over to my parent's house and played and ate some more.

We did a thankful tree this year with the kids for the first time.  I just put a big paper tree up on the pantry door so we could see it from the kitchen table - it made a great conversation piece during dinner.  They loved it and we loved seeing what they came up with all on their own.   Of course we loved when they named the more important ones like our home, family members, church, and Jesus.  But it was also fun to see the silly ones that they thought of.  Some of my favorites were popcorn, chicken & honey mustard, and dinosaurs.  This will definitely be a yearly tradition for us.


|give thanks printable here|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...