September 15, 2015

meal plan tuesday 9/15/15


It's that time again!  Week One was a weird one for us this time around.  We had some family visiting and different things going on, so we had a lot of dinners at my parent's house.  So, it wasn't a great week as far as meal-planning goes, but that's life for ya'!


Week One

Monday - Family Dinner

Tuesday - Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Can you tell this is one of my go-to meals when I don't know what else to do?  Since I wasn't quite sure what the week would look like, I just planned for simple and fast things I could throw together without really thinking about.

Wednesday - Family Dinner

Thursday - Family Dinner

Friday - Beef Tacos
Just regular old ground beef tacos.  My husband was actually really happy about this one!  Sometimes I forget that it's the easiest and simplest meals that are some of his favorites!

Saturday - Pizza Night

Sunday - Leftovers

Week Two

I've made this before and it is a hit!  It's easy to make and Makayla loves anything with noodles, so this one is good as far as she's concerned!

Tuesday - Family Dinner

Wednesday - Picnic Dinner
We were planning on going out to the lake and taking a picnic dinner, but just as we were about to leave, the sunshine disappeared and it started to rain.  Sigh.  So we gave up on our plans and threw a pizza in the oven.  It's a really good thing we like pizza!

This was on our last meal plan, but I never did get to make it.  So we tried it this time, and it was super yummy!  I did cheat and use a jar of marinara instead of making the sauce, but it was still so good.  We will definitely make this one again.

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Creamy Tomato Soup
During the fall, it is almost always Soup Saturday at our house!  I love to have a pot of soup simmering all afternoon while the weather outside is crisp!  This soup is one of our favorites, and it goes perfectly with a grilled cheese sandwich.  Especially if the cheese is havarti and the bread is sourdough.....but that's just my opinion!  I taught Makayla how to dunk her sandwich, and she quickly mastered the skill!

Sunday - Birthday Dinner Out
It was my mom's birthday, so we went out to celebrate her!

Bonus Recipes

Y'all - make this.  It is so, so good.  I subbed blueberries for the cherries.

These were good, although I actually ended up enjoying them better the next day.  The first night, I thought they were way too tart, but the second day, I thought they were perfect!  So I don't know - maybe my taste buds were just off or something, but I will definitely make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...