June 8, 2015

ballerina girl


Makayla started taking ballet lessons back in the fall, and last month, she had her first recital.  Our sweet girl did such an awesome job and she loved every minute of it!  The recital was incredible, and we are so thankful for the program that she is in.  There are so many dance programs out there, but I love how this one strives to keep God at the forefront of it all.  They began every class, and the recital itself, with prayer, and all throughout the show they displayed various scriptures that reminded them of the fact that they are fearfully and wonderfully made.  One of my greatest hopes as a mama is that my children know this truth in their hearts.

Her class danced to the "Be Our Guest" song from "Beauty and the Beast".   It was absolutely precious, and I may or may not have lost it while she was on stage and bawled my eyes out.  Caleb was so excited for his sister, and it was so sweet how he was encouraging her and watching for her.  After the show, I went to get her while everyone else waited outside.  As soon as we walked out the door and she saw her daddy across the field, she called out to him and ran into his arms.  And I may or may not have lost it once again!  My tear ducts were in overdrive that day!

We just love our ballerina girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...