March 2, 2017

a day in the life


I've never done a Day in the Life post before, but I always have fun reading when others do them, and I think it's such a fun way to look back and see what all we were up to!  My days are in no way glamorous - I change a lot of diapers, do a lot of laundry, wash a lot of dishes, and make a lot of food.   And I love it.  There is nowhere I would rather be!  I get to spend my days with my favorite people who are growing up way too quickly, and I know that one day all too soon, I will miss these days terribly!

So I chose a regular Monday when I knew that we had nowhere to be.  Absolutely nothing exciting happened on this day, but sometimes, those are my favorite days!

6:37 a.m.
My alarm clock woke up.


On an ideal day, I will wake up with my real alarm clock at 6:00, but I had a killer headache this morning, so I slept until the baby woke up.

I gave the baby a bottle, and then I took a shower and got ready for the day.  The big kids were up by now and playing legos together.

We all headed downstairs for breakfast.  I heated up some cinnamon rolls from the freezer for a yummy treat that day.  (Pioneer Woman's recipe.  So good, y'all.)


After breakfast, it was time for school!  We try to get started with school by 8:30 or so every morning, and we try to get as much done as we can before lunch time.


This girl got some daddy-loving in before she went down for a nap at 10:30.


12:15 p.m.
Lunch time!  This is my favorite lunch right now - a piece of toast with cottage cheese, grape tomatoes, avocado, and black pepper on top.  Bobby thinks it's the weirdest combo, but I swear it is so good!


After lunch, the kids had some free time while I took care of some housework.  I feel like it's always a mad dash to see how much I can get done before the baby wakes up.  I got a load of laundry washing, the dishwasher emptied, and then just did some straightening up until 1:45 when my sleeping beauty awoke.


I got her up and gave her a bottle, and then the kids and I had a bit more schoolwork to finish up.  This is them checking on some popcorn seeds that were part of a science experiment.


Daddy left for work around this time, and then it was quiet time/reading time for these two.


While they read, I made myself a cup of hot tea, and then Ashlynn and I folded some laundry.




After quiet time, the kiddos had a snack and watched some tv, and then they headed back upstairs to play legos again.

5:00
Ashlynn and I headed into the kitchen to get started on dinner.  I try to have dinner ready by about 5:45 every night.  Fortunately, baby girl is usually pretty content to hang out with me and watch while I cook.


Dinner that night was Panko Crusted Salmon, rice pilaf, and sauteed spinach.  Yummo.



We got started with the whole bedtime routine as soon as dinner was over.  Baby girl was in bed around 6:45, followed by the big kids.  They know the sooner they get into bed then the more time we will have to read, so ideally this motivates them to pick up toys, straighten up their rooms, and get ready for bed fairly quickly.  I read to them until 8:00, and then it was lights out.

I headed back downstairs to clean up the kitchen, and then I sat down with a glass of red wine and my planner.  I needed to look over our schedule for the rest of the week and respond to a few emails.  


Then I finally got around to doing my quiet time.  In a perfect world, this would have happened first thing in the morning, but it's not and it didn't and sometimes, you just have to make it work.



I headed up to bed, watched some tv and read a little bit more before I called it a night at 11:15.

And that is a regular old uneventful day in the life of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...