December 10, 2014

on the first day of christmas {traditions}



Today is all about Christmas music!  I start playing Christmas music around the first of November.  I know - that's super early and some people think I'm crazy!  But I love it so much, and to me, limiting it to the month of December just isn't long enough.  Also, I like to live on the wild side, and nothing says wild like listening to "White Christmas" in November.

When I think of Christmas as a kid, Amy Grant's music is always playing in the background.  I know we listened to other music as well, but her songs are what I remember.  I love her Christmas cd's so much, and I still listen to her more than anyone else at Christmas time.  Her song "Breath of Heaven" is probably my favorite song of all time.  And "Tennessee Christmas" pretty much sums up exactly how I feel.  There's no place I'd rather be than home - it's the only Christmas for me!  Her version of "Jingle Bells" is also really fun - the kids ask for it all the time.

I have managed to branch out a little over the years.  Right now I'm loving Pandora for this - it's given me a lot of new favorites!  My fave station on there right now is "Francesca Battistelli Holiday".  Also, I just discovered the group "Pentatonix".  I know I'm probably the last one to hear of them - I usually am behind on all things current - but their Christmas cd is ah-maze-ing!

A few new {to me} favorites listed below:


Happy listening!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...