June 19, 2013

and then he was five


|watching a balloon that got away|
|who knew it could be so entertaining?|


So our little guy turned five years old - on April 22nd to be exact.  I know.....this post is so timely.

Anyways, Caleb was very excited about his birthday this year.  When I asked him what kind of party he wanted, he immediately answered "superhero" - so that is what we went with.  We still kept it small and just had family over, but we had a wonderful time and could not have asked for a prettier day.

******************************************************************

My sweet Caleb,

Well, you went and turned five on me.  I keep asking you to slow down and not grow up so fast, and you tell me, "Mommy, I just grow big!  I grow bigger, and bigger, and bigger!  I grow up and be bigger like daddy!" Even though I absolutely adore this age and the stage that you're in, it is also so much fun to watch as you grow, and learn, and mature.  You have changed so much over the past year, and we are learning more of who you are and seeing glimpses of who you will be.

I am so grateful that God allowed me to be your mommy.  You are such an incredible gift, and you have blessed our lives more than you will ever know.

Happy birthday, sweet boy!

I so much love you!

Love,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...